Assisting With Social Services & Care Proceedings
GoodLaw Solicitors holds a Legal Aid contract to assist with care proceedings and social services’ involvement with your family.
We are specialists in dealing with all types of cases concerning children and social services involvement to include:
- Child protection issues concerning a child´s welfare and safeguarding such as Child Protection Case Conferences
- Care proceedings issued by the Local Authority for Care or Supervision Orders in respect of a child.
- Special Guardianship Order applications issued by either private individuals or the Local Authority.
- Meetings before Action meetings convened by the Local Authority prior to issuing Court proceedings.
- Discharge of a Care Order.
- Placement Orders.
- Adoption Orders.
- CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service) involvement.
- Cases where there may be lack of capacity or Official Solicitor involvement.
If you and your family are engaging with social services or being affected by any of the above applications, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Parents who have received notice of a Meeting Before Acting or Care Proceedings application will be automatically entitled to legal aid. Other parties, such as grandparents or other family members will require further assessment. This is also the case with other types of proceedings but we can discuss this with you at the outset and undertake any necessary legal aid assessment.
Further information about care proceedings can be found in GoodLaw Solicitors’ Care Proceedings leaflet, which can be downloaded from the link below.